Saturday, October 31, 2009

I checked my credit score and it's below 600, what are some ways to build my back up?

When I was in high school, a teacher gave one of her classes that I was in some very valuable advice about building up your credit when you don%26#039;t have any credit history. It should help you, too, as long as you only have bad credit from the PAST and nothing current actively hurting you.



Get one of those crappy little department store cards, like a JC Penny%26#039;s or Sears card. Buy something every month, and immediately pay the full balance. As long as you%26#039;ve eliminated all your past debts, this should help you build your poor credit back up.



I checked my credit score and it%26#039;s below 600, what are some ways to build my back up?

Pay all your bills on time and do not use more than 50% of the credit limit. That should help increase your score.



I checked my credit score and it%26#039;s below 600, what are some ways to build my back up?

I think I would first take a close look at what is causing the score to be so low



do you have unpaid debts



are there errors on your report



Do you have alot of late payments



The way to raise it will be to first identify if the information is correct, if so



figure out the nature of the negatives



if they are late pays



pay on time



if they are collections, pay them off and/or negotiate settlements.



Doing the above CONSISTENTLY will definitely raise your score



I checked my credit score and it%26#039;s below 600, what are some ways to build my back up?

Keep your balances 70% away from your limits. This counts for 30% of your score. Derogatory items 35%. Inquiries 10% . Credit mix 15%. Credit history 10%.



I checked my credit score and it%26#039;s below 600, what are some ways to build my back up?

Open a secured credit card account. They are backed with your own money, such that if you default, they%26#039;re covered. This then gives them a far lower risk, and therefore they are able to extend credit to subprime customers. The huge positive about these cards is that they report in the same way that a regular credit card does. Also, keep your balances at no more than 30% of their limits.



Check out the Orchard Bank card. After your credit goes up a little, you can apply for a %26quot;bad-credit%26quot; credit card, such as a First Premier credit card.



http://www.creditcards.com/bad-credit.ph... go check them out!



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


good credit score © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting